.NET Framework silent install with progressbar

ghostdlr

The desktop pplication I'm developing requires .NET Framework 3.5 and I want to build an unattended (just progress bar) setup that will install only .NET Framework 3.5 .

I extracted 20100118_SNMsynth and 7zip in the same directory but I have a few questions .

1. Where do I have to save dotnetfx35.exe ?

2. Witch of these is required by .net framework 3.5 ?

PROCESSDNF11=YES

PROCESSDNF20=YES

PROCESSDNF3520=YES

PROCESSDNF3530=YES

PROCESSDNF3535=YES

3. I want to make a setup that will run on XP / Vista / Windows 7 , both x86 and x64 versions so how do I configure this ?

TARGETOS=

4. Is there any other settings I should change and something else I should take in consideration ?

Also , does anyone have an already built setup for .net framework 3.5 and post a download link ?

NEED HELP URGENTLY

Thanks

Edited by ghostdlr

1. save it wherever you want; if you mean the original one, put it in the same folder with SNMSynth.

2. PROCESSDNF3535=YES is the one you need; the full .NET 3.5 SP1 package also contains .NET 2.0 SP2 and .NET 3.0. Choosing PROCESSDNF3520=YES will process .NET 2.0 from the .NET 3.5 package. PROCESSDNF11=YES and PROCESSDNF20=YES are not necessary. You can change the answers to NO, but if the install files are not present in the folder, SNMSynth will not process them anyway.

3. As far as I know, .NET 3.5 is already included by default in Vista and 7, so you only need it for XP. Therefore TARGETOS=XP

4. It really depends on what you need.

Cheers

Edit: please do not double-post.

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt