minimum flash object requirements [SOLVED]

iamtheky

original question:

just trying to throw the bare minimum in my PE to get a flash video to play.

Added:

Flash10o.ocx

DSOUND.dll - error is thrown if not present

mscms.dll - error is thrown if not present

Once these 3 items were present the object is now created fine (the GUI and control are present) however no video is displayed. (the arguments work fine in a full box, so I am thinking it a limitation of the PE that I have not addressed)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Complete example here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/127382-flash-video-in-winpe-with-just-the-object/

Edited by iamtheky

Hmm I have not tried incorporating Flash (SWF) files into the PE before, but it may be interesting to you that Flash Projector projects work fine in PE without adding anything into it. So if you can get away with running a Projector that might be the way to go. I had once made a recovery partition that loaded a Projector app to do all the work.

projector exe works like champ (minus the sound - but that my be the test computer), thanks. If i cant figure out the embedded stuff in the near future i will probably litter the autoitforums with my questions on how to best gain control of the projector GUI. Glad to see you splitting your time between the places i ask questions :thumbup

EDIT: my original solution works as well. will post an example over in the auoitforums when i get it all prettied. Using the object directly however you get incredible lag when trying to do anything else in memory (like a file copy).

Edited by iamtheky

Glad to see you splitting your time between the places i ask questions :thumbup

I'm just a regular poster over there. While I use AutoIT on a daily basis, I rarely have questions to ask so I mainly hang around in the chat section.

Also, when I used Projector, I didn't have sound but I hadn't modded WinPE to allow for it either.