HP Quick Launch Buttons

ldoodle

Hiya,

I am building a Windows 7 Pro SP1 WDS deployment build, and I am having trouble finding the .inf version of the HP Quick Launch Buttons.

Does anybody know where to find them. I have spent literally all day looking for them! I can't imagine HP (a business outfit) would offer drivers that can't be deployed as part of a mass image roll-out.

Thanks

Well let's take a look here. I happen to have one download already for the Quick Launch Button called sp38266. It is for the DV6000 series. I can open this EXE using WinRaR and get the files out of it. Now of course WinRaR cannot open the CAB files inside.

If you have InstallShield professional, there is a program in there called InstallShield Cabinet File Viewer that will let you extract the files out. I don't think you need the version of InstallShield that created the installer, for example this sp38266.exe was created with InstallShield 12 but I have InstallShield 10 and it worked.

Otherwise you will have to use InstallShield switches to do a file dump with Setup. I can never find the correct syntax for Setup, but you can try /extract_all. Or you can try recording the setup, or install the product on a system not using the silent and look to see if the files are extracted to a temporary folder.

Thanks. I have downloaded InstallShield Pro 2011 trial and using Cab View I can't seem to extract the whole lot in one go. The Extract file option is only available if I navigate the tree structure to each single file. Oh and each file is in subfolders but Cab View doesn't extract to the right folder paths - it just puts them all in the root of the folder you choose to extract to.

What am I missing? I would rather have missing drivers in my build than extract all these files one-by-one! :)

Edited by ldoodle

Even the version I have only let me extract one at a time, but there were less than ten files in that one particular place.

Another option you may have is to Deploy the OS to the notebook. Then install the driver update manually. Take note of the HwIDs of the device, or check the log file. Then you can use a tool like DriverForge to extract the driver files. Then you can inject those. Only problem seems to be DriverForge is obsolete. I haven't tried the new program yet. :unsure: