Clipboard can only paste out from RDP not into RDP session ?

albertwt

Hi,

I'm having very weird problem in my TS RDP connection,

I can copy and paste from my TS RDP out into my desktop (from any program into any program in my home workstation)

but somehow I cannot copy paste from my desktop into my TS RDP (from any program at all - it always remember the old content of the clipboard) ?

this is going through RDP session over Juniper SSL VPN into the Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server but obviously this is the same TS RDP application that is provided by Windows.

any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Most of the time when copy and paste doesn't on remote and only there, it's coming from crashed services (i don't remember which one but i do remember getting this wierd behaviour when conficker crashed the server service and all of the others services running in the same svchost.exe process).

Most of the time when copy and paste doesn't on remote and only there, it's coming from crashed services (i don't remember which one but i do remember getting this wierd behaviour when conficker crashed the server service and all of the others services running in the same svchost.exe process).

ah.. from googling around it seems that i must run rdpclip.exe to fix this chainning issue in copy pasting.

all good for now.

ah.. from googling around it seems that i must run rdpclip.exe to fix this chainning issue in copy pasting.

all good for now.

I sometimes find that I need to kill my rdpclip.exe process, then run it again to resolve RDP clipboard issues. There's one rdpclip per logged on user, so be sure you kill the right one.

I have seen one case of a TS box which wasn't even trying to run rdpclip.exe. The problem was with the registry keys:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\ StartupPrograms = (String).

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\AddIns\Clip Redirector\ Name = (String).

On _most_ Terminal Servers, these string values are equal to “rdpclip”. The problematic one had them set to "fxrdpclp", which is some kind of Win2000 Resource Kit utility, and wasn't actually present on the server.

You might be interested in this article, which explains a bit more about clipboard chaining, and why it's better in Vista/7/2008:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2006/11/16/why-does-my-shared-clipboard-not-work-part-1.aspx