Windows live essentials 2011 crashing win7 setup

After updating my windows 7 install image, and trying to install it at final steps im getting "Windows can not finish configuring the computer". Checked install logs and found out it was a part or Windows live essentials 2011 registry keys that are preventing instalation to finish.

Errors like this:

Failed to process reg key or one of its descendants: [\REGISTRY\USER\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\DeviceIdentities\production].

Failed to process reg key or one of its descendants: [\REGISTRY\USER\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\DeviceIdentities]

And so on...lots of them all related to IdentityCRL...

After removing all IdentityCRL keys from registry than syspreping image installation works fine. Only thing is Messnger cant login because of missing registry data, which is solved by reapiring windows live.

Does anyone know why new Essentials 2011 is giving sysprep registry errors and how to fix it? I dont wana remove registry keys each time updating image, and run repair after each installed computer.

Thanks for any help in advance!

How are you installing Essentials? I know the version you have is likely different than the ones I had used, so not sure how differently it behaves. Then again I never tried to create an image with it already installed. I had always installed it in Audit mode after the image was deployed.

It's installed simple from Web, and i tryed using Windows update, its lastest available version and its on Croatian language. From the pack i have installed Messenger, Movie maker, and Windows live mail. Thats all.

I am guessing the reason why sysprep is causing a problem is because the version of the installer you are using isn't designed to work like that. I looked for a redist version but couldn't find one. What you can try doing is instead of just deleting those reg keys, export them on your master, delete the keys and then reapply them after deployment. Otherwise I'd wait for a redist to show up.

I am guessing the reason why sysprep is causing a problem is because the version of the installer you are using isn't designed to work like that. I looked for a redist version but couldn't find one. What you can try doing is instead of just deleting those reg keys, export them on your master, delete the keys and then reapply them after deployment. Otherwise I'd wait for a redist to show up.

That makes sense! I'm gona try download full installation package and try installing it. If thats not gona work, im simple gona export/delete those keys, and gona make automated one time run script which will restore them when new PC boots.