Net Framework 1.1

thomast77

Can Net Framework 1.1 be added with nlite? I did not see an option anywhere to add this. Several drivers require Net Framework 1.1 in order to install on my computer so I am looking for a way to add it to the windows disc. I have a Dell Win XP with SP2 disc. I plan on slipstreaming to SP3 adding the hotfixes, Drivers and Net Framework 1.1.

Another question How do Install SATA drivers? I have the F6 floppy.

Thank You in advance for any input

Thomas

Yes it can. See here:

For SATA drivers, when on the drivers screen of nLite, just point it to your floppy.

For updates see the link in my signature.

Yes it can. See here:

For SATA drivers, when on the drivers screen of nLite, just point it to your floppy.

For updates see the link in my signature.

Thank You for the reply.

Normally when I install SATA drivers. It asks which driver to choose from a list. Which for me would be ich9 Is Nlite going to ask me which one to choose? Where would I make that selection?

As for the Net Framework. I have never done anything that technical before but I am going to give it a try. Thats the only way I am going to learn. I have posted the following in that thread:

Ok this is alittle over my head but I want to give it a try. How else can I learn right? I need to add just Net Framework 1.1 and any service packs if there are any. So if I understand correctly.

1) I need to copy the Win XP disc to a folder on the HD. It has SP2 so I will slipstream SP3 first which I have already done.

2) Copy 7za.exe, dotnetfx.exe, _SNMsynth.ini and _SNMsynth.cmd to the folder that has the Disc contents.

3) run _SNMsynth.cmd

Is that correct? I am not sure what if any changes I should make to the _SNMsynth.ini file. Do I need NetFx20SP1_x86.exe and NetFx20SP2_x86.exe these appear to be Net Framework 2,0 related. I just need Net Framework 1.1 complete with service packs. I assume dotnetfx.exe is fully updated version of Net Framework 1.1?

Edited by thomast77

Normally when I install SATA drivers. It asks which driver to choose from a list. Which for me would be ich9 Is Nlite going to ask me which one to choose? Where would I make that selection?

When you get to this dialog...

driverintegrationoption.png

make sure to select textmode driver then just highlight the one your PC uses and press OK.

I think SpoiledBrat answered your .NET question...use the ready made add-on at ryanvm's site.