SpyShelter

I found SpyShelter an awesome security software, it can protect you against the worst malware: the one after your card number and private data: keyloggers, keyrecorder, keytrappers, keycapture programs, trojans and root-kits continuously developed all time all over the world, as well many others threats thanks to it's advanced HIPS. And better: no signatures! you don't need to update several times a day like common Anti-virus software.

Even not being a "proper" HIPS, it still very effective blocking other malware than keyloggers - We can find many developed HIPS in security software nowadays: Comodo, Online-Armor, Kaspersky IS, Privatefirewall, to name a few, while many are a combo of Antivirus+/Firewall+HIPS very few are really dedicated into anti-keylogging, here is the importance of a software like SpyShelter that is a dedicated anti-keylogger and a HIPS, and that is VERY important.

Some quick points:

- Installation is fast and the user can start the program right after (but a restart is required to activate all functions).

- The interface is pretty optimized and clear, and the user can manage all options and see the last actions with few clicks.

- It doesn't replace Anti-virus, even blocking several viruses into my tests, you need a Anti-virus software to back it up. Think about it like another layer of defense. This and much more are explained in their FAQ.

- A manual is provided by the author and can be downloaded here.

- The memory consumption is very low (under 20mb) in my system, as well I/O and CPU usage.

- It miss a software White list per se but it has a option to take action based on the validity of the software certificate

SpyShelter can alert you about any potential dangerous behavior, even from trusted signed files.

Right after the installation I have tested some very malicious software (Including TDSS root-kits, and trojans that inject several kinds of loggers) and also some known commercial keyloggers, SpyShelter is able to detect them ALL, not a single logger was allowed in my system.

SpyShelter comes in 2 different versions Personal and Premium.

Edited by syobon999