bsod - csrss.exe

dorddor

hi all,

my computer keep crashing, i read the dmp file and i said that its probably the csrss.exe file that cause all the problems

i tried to check what to do but i found nothing. so plz can someone help me?

i atteched 5 minidumps, maybe it will be usefull

the error on the bsod is 0x000000f4 ( 0x00000003, ************************)

i really need help, i dont know what to do :(

cant work with the computer

thanks again :)

Minidump.rar

Welcome to MSFN

Did you try google search before you posted?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330100

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-xp-support/181457-stop-0x000000f4.html <- This one says it could be the CMOS battery

Also, try searching for 0x000000f4 here in the forums

Cheers

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4) - A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

EXCEPTION_RECORD: b98c59d8 -- (.exr 0xffffffffb98c59d8)

ExceptionAddress: 7c9350a5

ExceptionCode: c0000006 (In-page I/O error)

ExceptionFlags: 00000000

NumberParameters: 3

Parameter[0]: 00000000

Parameter[1]: 7c99c3d8

Parameter[2]: c000009a

Inpage operation failed at 7c99c3d8, due to I/O error c000009a

//

// MessageId: STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES

//

// MessageText:

//

// Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

//

#define STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES ((NTSTATUS)0xC000009AL)

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4) - A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

EXCEPTION_RECORD: b98c59d8 -- (.exr 0xffffffffb98c59d8)

ExceptionAddress: 7c9350a5

ExceptionCode: c0000006 (In-page I/O error)

ExceptionFlags: 00000000

NumberParameters: 3

Parameter[0]: 00000000

Parameter[1]: 7c99c3d8

Parameter[2]: c000009a

Inpage operation failed at 7c99c3d8, due to I/O error c000009a

//

// MessageId: STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES

//

// MessageText:

//

// Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

//

#define STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES ((NTSTATUS)0xC000009AL)

thanks but i didnt understand what i can do with that data, can u plz explain it to me?

thanks again :)

Actually, according to this it looks like you might be out of kernel nonpaged pool memory (this is 99.999% of the time a nonpaged pool exhaustion, not actual RAM). You really need to configure your system for a complete memory dump so we can review that to be sure. Here's what you need to do to configure your box to make a complete memory dump rather than a minidump:

1. Right-Click on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop and select "Properties", then click the "Advanced tab. On the "Advanced" tab, click "Settings" under the "Performance" header. Click the "Advanced" tab, then click "Change" under "Virtual Memory". Set the pagefile to be located on the partition where the OS is installed, and set it to be equal to Physical RAM + 50 MB.

2. Also in the "System Properties" window on the "Advanced" tab, click the "Settings" buttun under the "Startup and Recovery" header. Make sure "Complete Memory Dump" is selected (see 3a if this is not in the list). You can change the location of the memory dump file to a different local partition if you do not have enough room on the partition where the OS is installed.

2a. If the "Complete Memory Dump" option in step 2 is not available, you will need to manually set this registry value:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl

Value: CrashDumpEnabled

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 1

3. You will need to reboot for these changes to take effect.

Actually, according to this it looks like you might be out of kernel nonpaged pool memory (this is 99.999% of the time a nonpaged pool exhaustion, not actual RAM). You really need to configure your system for a complete memory dump so we can review that to be sure. Here's what you need to do to configure your box to make a complete memory dump rather than a minidump:

1. Right-Click on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop and select "Properties", then click the "Advanced tab. On the "Advanced" tab, click "Settings" under the "Performance" header. Click the "Advanced" tab, then click "Change" under "Virtual Memory". Set the pagefile to be located on the partition where the OS is installed, and set it to be equal to Physical RAM + 50 MB.

2. Also in the "System Properties" window on the "Advanced" tab, click the "Settings" buttun under the "Startup and Recovery" header. Make sure "Complete Memory Dump" is selected (see 3a if this is not in the list). You can change the location of the memory dump file to a different local partition if you do not have enough room on the partition where the OS is installed.

2a. If the "Complete Memory Dump" option in step 2 is not available, you will need to manually set this registry value:

in the first step, when i need to set the pagingfile, do i need to set the "initial size" or the "maximum size"?

in step 2, by mistake i set it to "kernel memory dump" is it good enough, cause i have that dmp file and i can upload it, or u only need the "complete memory dump"?

here is the "complete memory dump" file:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b470919/n/CompleteMEMORY.DMP

thanks for the help :)

in the first step, when i need to set the pagingfile, do i need to set the "initial size" or the "maximum size"?

Start with using the same size for both 'Intial' and 'Maximum' - also, there are differing views on the size but usually 1.5 times the amount of physical RAM works...

1GB ( 1024 MB ) ~ use 1536 MB ~ ( 1024 x 1.5 = 1536 MB ) // 2GB ( 2048 MB ) ~ use 3072 MB ~ ( 2048 x 1.5 = 3072 MB ) ...

Make sure you have plenty of hard drive space :) Btw, this is a recommendation (for a healthy system) so don't change anything from the above recommendations until you fix your problem.

Also, you might try running 'System File Checker' ( sfc.exe ) and scan your system for changes to important system files.

Start with using the same size for both 'Intial' and 'Maximum' - also, there are differing views on the size but usually 1.5 times the amount of physical RAM works...

1GB ( 1024 MB ) ~ use 1536 MB ~ ( 1024 x 1.5 = 1536 MB ) // 2GB ( 2048 MB ) ~ use 3072 MB ~ ( 2048 x 1.5 = 3072 MB ) ...

Make sure you have plenty of hard drive space :) Btw, this is a recommendation (for a healthy system) so don't change anything from the above recommendations until you fix your problem.

Also, you might try running 'System File Checker' ( sfc.exe ) and scan your system for changes to important system files.

thanks but i already did it, and its not solve the problem

i already upload the complete system dump file so if some one can check it it will be great thanks :)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b470919/n/CompleteMEMORY.DMP

SFC isn't going to fix a problem if you have a driver leaking. Windows itself isn't likely to cause the issue (although copying lots of large files without rebooting can....). Also, this file is on a site that doesn't allow more than 150MB an hour, and you uploaded a 400MB file. Please *compress* the file as small as possible with 7zip, WinRAR, or any other compression tool of your choice and re-upload in the future. I will have this file downloaded in about 3 - 4 hours, so I won't be reviewing it tonight.