What a hell!

Hello again.

For months Im trying to finish my unattended setup but some things are driving me crazy!

Here's the list and please, tell me what you know, any help will help me a lot!

-Why my Windows Explorer sidebar favorites and libraries are blank? I tried to monitor its registry - no success. Is this a software related issue? It only happens when I test with unattended softwares and MAYBE a user related registry tweak.

-Why my Internet Explorer isnt being shown in Start Menu and Pinned Items?

-Why sometimes some of my Autoit script doesnt run? Actually it runs but do nothing (Norton Internet Security 2011 is the script).

Again: ANY help will be appreciated.

the AutoIt Norton Internet Security 2011 is this, really basic and simple. The problem is that everything its doing is to launch the setup and nothing after that

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
Opt("MouseCoordMode",1)
Run('NIS2011\NIS-TW-30-18-1-0-37-BR')
WinWait("Norton Internet Security 2011","")
If Not WinActive("Norton Internet Security 2011","") Then WinActivate("Norton Internet Security 2011","")
WinWaitActive("Norton Internet Security 2011","")
MouseClick("left", 580, 595, 1)
MouseClick("left", 826, 500, 1)
Sleep(40000)

The Info Tool comes with AutoIT. Actually its called AutoIT Window Info. Basically you open the program you want to automate. Then open the Info tool. You can select buttons on the installer and the tool will tell you what the Modal values are for those buttons or windows. BUT! Some programs will show no info so it is not the perfect solution.

If there is a silent command line you can look or ask in here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/80-application-installs/

I have made an autoit app that installs Nero and just passed the full command. The reason i do not like specifying coords is because sometimes the windows do not always open in the same place, or screen resolution can be different.

Actually I wanted to know about how to handle buttons by its names :)

Looks like its simple. 'ControlClick' basically... The problem is that no NIS button has an ID and its have no unattended switch, just like NIS 2010...

but thanks again :)