Tag problems with W7 & IE9 (Beta)

johnhc

I am trying IE9 (Beta) under W7 and when I reply, the tags are not working properly. When I try to insert a URL it always ends up at the beginning of the post not where I am pointing. The code tag seems to pick some few characters outside where I want it and insert the code. Maybe just the new stuff. Enjoy, John.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, even Microsoft doesn't really support IE9. I would think that if a particular forum feature doesn't work properly in Beta software, IPS would be a better place to report it. I am sure there will be a forum update when IE9 goes RTM!

Tripredacus, thanks for your reply. I would think a heads up would be appreciated here. Don't know what IPS is. So, enjoy, John.

Well, even Microsoft doesn't really support IE9. I would think that if a particular forum feature doesn't work properly in Beta software, IPS would be a better place to report it. I am sure there will be a forum update when IE9 goes RTM!

Tripredacus, thanks for your reply. I would think a heads up would be appreciated here. Don't know what IPS is. So, enjoy, John.

IPS is Invision Power Services. They are the company that develops the base of this forum software. People who use IP.Board can make their own changes or add-ons, but the underlying code is handled by them.

Have you seen if there are any updates for IE9 beta? Anything in Windows Update or maybe a newer download? I haven't gotten IE9 beta yet (I was an early adopter for IE8 Beta tho) so I'm not sure what is out there.

IPS is Invision Power Services. They are the company that develops the base of this forum software. People who use IP.Board can make their own changes or add-ons, but the underlying code is handled by them.

Have you seen if there are any updates for IE9 beta? Anything in Windows Update or maybe a newer download? I haven't gotten IE9 beta yet (I was an early adopter for IE8 Beta tho) so I'm not sure what is out there.

Tripredacus, my W7 system is up to date including IE9 updates. I just DLed another copy of IE9 Beta from MS and it has the same hashes. The interesting thing is that IE9 looks amazingly like Chrome. I guess this is what Google gets for making Chrome open source. Thanks for your reply. Enjoy, John.

After adding msfn.org to the compatibility list, it no longer exhibits these problems on a few machines I've tested. That might be a good workaround for now.

Great find, cluberti! That appears to have corrected the problem. Thanks, John.