Lost Video

Hartismere

Hello, I've recently been trying to speed up XP. Went to a lot of sites looking for tweaks. Found a few apparently reliable ones, and cross-thingyed a few until I got a set of agreed good tweaks. Then I did them all. Not one at a time. I know, but all that re-booting is very tedious. Anyway, my machine is so much faster - both on-board and internet. But... Following this my joy turned a little bit sour. I ran Medal of Honour Allied Assault, and ... no video. Sound's there, but no picture.

Question, then, is what would make me lose video? If you lot can't come up with some targetted points, then I will just have to try and undo as many tweaks as I can remember - or reinstall. But maybe some of you will have some idea as to what might make the video disappear. Hey, isn't this what we're here for?

Soz. But thanks.

Oh. Tried seeking updates for drivers. Nada. Mobo is GeForce 6100PM-M2, and even when I get that file it tells me it cannot find any suitable hardware for the drivers, and then closes. So I can't even update the drivers. Tut. No, actually, Flipping big TUT!

Grateful for any help/ideas.