Dell Printer Problem

jh6004

Hi All. I have a dell AIO 926 printer that worked fine until I moved. Now, when I try to print anything it goes through as if it is working fine but it prints a blank page. It also sometimes pops up a screen that says the computer cannot communicate with the printer however it then proceeds to try to print. I replaced the ink cartridge with a new one and tried to do a realignment which failed each time I tried. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I tried this but it did not seem to work. I looked some other places online and see that other people are having the exact same problem but I still cant find a fix. I am using a Series 9 cartridge and it was a discount/refurbished item, however I bought a set of 2 and I have used the other one for the past 2 years without any problems. I know that the printer will not recognize cartridges other than dell's but it should still work. I am still getting a message saying that the computer cannot communicate and I should "Enable Biderectional Communication" (which I cannot find anywhere), but it is still not able to print a proper alignment. Could this be because my color ink cartridge is empty? If that will fix the problem I may buy a new one but otherwise I would rather not waste the money! Any other options?

Edited by jh6004

I am still getting a message saying that the computer cannot communicate and I should "Enable Bidirectional Communication" (which I cannot find anywhere), but it is still not able to print a proper alignment.

Bi-directional LPT transfers can be enabled or disabled in the BIOS of most older computers, make also sure you use a bi-directional supporting cable.

I know that the cable I am currently using is biderectional because it is the same one that I have used with this printer for the past 2 years without a problem. My computer is only 3 years old and I'm not sure that this is the real issue. Even though it prompts that message, the main problem is the alignment. Even if the computer cannot communicate properly I should be able to run an alignment straight from the interface on the printer.