Microsoft Precision Pro Joystick

west117wolf

I have an older dell computer with Windows 98 and my current joystick Logitech Extreme 3d pro does install but the computer does not recognize the secondary buttons that are programable. I purchase a Microsoft Sidewinder Pro designed for Windows 95 & 98. It does have a usb adapter, but the computer indicates that there is a conflict but does not specify the conflict. It does indicate that the driver is the best driver for the hardware, but it does not show up as installed. No installation disk came with the joystick; however, I recall that this joystick originally did have a disk. Can anyone help me with this problem or direct me to a download site where I can get the installation program. Thanks.

West

I thought it was just detected as a normal USB HID device, in which case the Win98 drivers should take care of it?

You might also be able to build/buy a converter dongle for better compatibility (See the forums at descentbb.net)

I thought it was just detected as a normal USB HID device, in which case the Win98 drivers should take care of it?

You might also be able to build/buy a converter dongle for better compatibility (See the forums at descentbb.net)

Cyker: Thanks for the help. I do have a logitech extreme pro installed, could this cause interference since the error message said that there was a conflict??

West