Flash 10.x for IE6 using KernelEx

Guest wsxedcrfv

Guest wsxedcrfv

Does (or can) the flash-10 OCX file (Flash10a.ocx) run on a win-98 system?

In other words, can flash-10 be made to work under IE6 on a win-98 system with KernelEx?

Guest wsxedcrfv

can flash-10 be made to work under IE6 on a win-98 system with KernelEx?

Yes of course, no difference. :yes:

I am currently running version 10.0.32.18 in IE.

I have KernelEx 3.6 (yes I know it's an old version) and I have flash 10.0.12.36 installed for Firefox. I found flashplayer10r12_36_winax.exe (flash player activex control for IE) but it won't run ("You are trying to install flash player activex on an unsupported operating system"). I unpack the file and I take the file Flash10a.ocx and copy it to my /macromedia/flash directory. I already have Flash9j.ocx in that directory. So I take Flash10a.ocx and rename it to Flash9j.ocx (maybe I can trick IE into using it). Doesn't work - IE crashes when I try to view flash content.

Can I get flash10?.ocx to work just by moving files around, or do I actually have to run the flashplayer10 install file? If I have to run the install file, how do I get past the "unsupported OS" message?

KernelEx 3.6 is not enough. AFAIK, you ought to update to the newer 4.x for it to work. 4.x is so much better, more comprehensive, and safer.

If I have to run the install file, how do I get past the "unsupported OS" message?

STFF before asking... :whistle:

I needed to change the following registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Version (=> replace Windows 98 by Windows NT)

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\VersionNumber (==> replace 4.10.2222 by 5.20)

Don't forget to change back afterwards (note the initial entries), otherwise you will have problems when installing other software !!!