Dell Optiplex 755 Windows XP

radioshack72

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 that we use to create images from. For some reason after we create an image of this computer and apply the image to another Dell Optiplex 755 the USB Keyboard and USB Mouse is not recognized. It shows up in the device manager as a unrecognized device. So naturally, we click on it and update the driver and it works fine. That is the first problem. The same happens with a USB Mouse. It does not matter who manufacturer is. Another interesting problem is if we have the a USB keyboard and Mouse plugged into the two back primary USB Ports, when we apply the image we have to use the same ports or we have no ability to use the keyboard or mouse. All the other USB ports do not even see the Device, but they work. I have tried every possible thing that I can think of and I am hoping someone can help me figure this out. As an aside the we have this same exact problem with the Dell SC440 which is running Windows 2003 R2.

I had the same issue with other computer. It seems to happen when the os need to detect again the usb device. The only way i found, was to let the os detect the new devices by login in and waiting.

When this happens for me it is usually because either a) you need to update chipset drivers or B) the image was made on different hardware and updating chipset drivers fixes it.

Well the Chipset software is the latest from Dell (R130397.exe) and the Hardware is the same...Still have the problems.