nLite Slipstreaming XP SP2 and RAID Driver

jmhonnold

Hi All:

Let me first apologize for the very novice questions. I have an install disk for XP Pro SP2 which seems to work fine if I don't load any drivers (F6). XP validates and I can download updates when NOT using my RAID set (which I need, RAID 1). I don't have a floppy port on my motherboard, so using a floppy is not possible during install. I tried to do a simple slipstream with nLite using the SP2 disk and just the RAID driver, no other options are used. Everything works fine until I try to validate, it fails. So, is there something that I can do, or is the problem direct result of the original XP SP2 media? I am not sure if the product key is OEM. Please help. I have been working on this for a couple of days and need to get this resolved, if possible.

Thanks,

John

This may or may not work as a temporary solution. Try deleting it and then visit Windows Update. Version 1.7.69.2 will install instead of 1.9.42.0(unless they've changed it since the last time I've checked). 1.7.69.2 is less strict but will allow you do do Windows Update. If Windows Update works you need to figure out why 1.9.42.0 has your key blacklisted.

Just to make sure, you are talking about validation and not activation....right?

Hi All:

Let me first apologize for the very novice questions. I have an install disk for XP Pro SP2 which seems to work fine if I don't load any drivers (F6). XP validates and I can download updates when NOT using my RAID set (which I need, RAID 1). I don't have a floppy port on my motherboard, so using a floppy is not possible during install. I tried to do a simple slipstream with nLite using the SP2 disk and just the RAID driver, no other options are used. Everything works fine until I try to validate, it fails. So, is there something that I can do, or is the problem direct result of the original XP SP2 media? I am not sure if the product key is OEM. Please help. I have been working on this for a couple of days and need to get this resolved, if possible.

Thanks,

John

jmhonnold, looks like -X- knows what validation means, but I do not. Please tell us what you mean by validation. As requested at the top, please attach your Last Session. To determine what kind of CD you have, please open SETUPP.INI with notepad and post what the value of Pid is. Did you see any errors running nLite or during install? You should see none. Enjoy, John.

If -X-'s solution doesn't work, you'll probably just have to make the phone call (to the Microsoft activation hotline).

Remember that your RAID 1 setup will appear to be a different hard drive to the activation hardware check.

Just explain how you changed you system setup and you should be fine, they're quite understanding.