Best Graphics Card With Win98SE Drivers?

Dave-H

just sayin,

im browsing this topic on a p3 700mhz running with a EVGA 6200 AGP card with 512mb ram..

the card worked flawlessly using the 81.98 driver posted on the nvidia site.. and gave me my native 1680x1050 resolution

not sure if this is because i had installed 77.72 drivers with a hacked .inf for a geforce2mx before installing..

where i had added the 1680x1050 modes, but that .INF was in a different folder then the 81.98 driver

one other note about hackign the inf for the nvidia drivers: make sure u are adding your lines to the proper gpu section of the inf file. ie: if its a NV20 gpu.. add lines in the NV20 bracketed section.. when i originaly edited my inf file it faield because i was using an nv10 gpu powered card and i added the lines to the nv30 section of the inf.. doh!!

anyways..

i've ordered a 6600 GT from MSI off ebay for 10$ (score!)

it supposedly has a 500mhz core clock, this evga 6200 agp card only has a 300mhz core clock...

so im hoping the 6600GT will really help my video performance on my retro machines.

i plan to use this card on a intel p5pe-vm with intel 4300 cpu .. dual booting 10.5.x iatkos v7 and win98SE

retro hackintosh meets retro windows :D

peace all.. live long + prosper:D

Edited by supernova777