Error integrating hotfixes for Win7 Ultimate

I am getting an error when integrating a hotfix "missing needed files, integration aborted" on a Windows 7 Ultimate build. This is a fresh install of windows 7 and using a fresh copy of the MSDN iso files for the base. I have never been able to get one cd built and get this error on all machines I have tried it on.

WAIK is installed and the Windows System Image Manager version is 6.0.6001.18000 the 64 bit wimfilter is installed.

I am trying to build a Windows 7 ULTIMATE 64-bit MSDN (Not enterprise or VL version)

Any ideas? Please help....

I am getting an error when integrating a hotfix "missing needed files, integration aborted" on a Windows 7 Ultimate build. This is a fresh install of windows 7 and using a fresh copy of the MSDN iso files for the base. I have never been able to get one cd built and get this error on all machines I have tried it on.

WAIK is installed and the Windows System Image Manager version is 6.0.6001.18000 the 64 bit wimfilter is installed.

I am trying to build a Windows 7 ULTIMATE 64-bit MSDN (Not enterprise or VL version)

Any ideas? Please help....

sheetzdw, don't know, but my WSIM version is 6.1.7600.16385 (I am runnign XP x64 and DLed the latest WAIK recently) and I have no trouble integrating updates. You might try getting up to date and see if that helps. It might be useful to let us know what update(s) is/are failing. Enjoy, John.

Very true. WAIK 2.0 (or as it's named Windows AIK for Windows 7 1.0) is a requirement for servicing Windows 7. That version will also support Windows Vista SP1 or higher, and Windows Server 2008.

I got that error when I tried to inject this update using dism, Windows6.1-KB971033-x64.msu

update for windows activation technologies. I redownloaded it from Miscrosoft and the error went

away. I'm running on an win7 x64 ultimate processing an image of the same.

Edit: I was usiong the se7en_UA utility when I get the error.

Edited by jbm

As all said above you need the latest waik or none at all with my program. Old leaves stuff laying around and we would have to get rid of it. But if you got it goin

I got that error when I tried to inject this update using dism, Windows6.1-KB971033-x64.msu

update for windows activation technologies. I redownloaded it from Miscrosoft and the error went

away. I'm running on an win7 x64 ultimate processing an image of the same.

Hello!

Installed with the new WAIK for Windows 7 successfully!

Download the correct Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB971033)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971033/en-us

I have no error with Se7en_UA and also with 7Customizer!

Enjoy!

Edited by myselfidem