Web browser for Media Center ?

Ben_j

I'd like something to browse the web on my media center, without killing my eyes or having to be at 1m of the screen. Is there any Media Center plugin ? Any tricks on a regular browser to make it comfortable on a Media Center ?

EDIT : found out I could make the icons bigger on Opera. And I fixed the defaut zoom to 120%. It's better but my eyes suck so...

I need a bigger TV screen :/

Edited by Ben_j

Try this, it may work on Win7 http://www.anpark.com/software.aspx

FAQ

Does MCEBrowser run on Windows Vista?

Yes, sort of. MCEBrowser is fully functional on the 32-bit editions of Windows Vista. The 64-bit version of Windows Vista is currently not supported because of the way MCEBrowser uses 32-bit ActiveX controls. I am currently working on a new version of MCEBrowser that will be supported on the 64-bit editions of Windows Vista.

Edited by ricktendo64

There is also firefox and the CTRL++ (zoom function).

I hate Firefox ^^ but thanks anyway.

And I have Win 7 64bit, so MCEBrowser won't work :/ Plus it's probably a bit aged and not up to date for the new standards. (Unless it uses the installed version of IE)

It looks like it's just a webbrowser control - the default version of IE on 64bit Vista and Win7 is still IE 32bit, so if it's simply using webbrowser control calls, or the internetexplorer.application COM object, technically it would be using a 32bit "browser" (COM object, really).

It looks like it's just a webbrowser control - the default version of IE on 64bit Vista and Win7 is still IE 32bit, so if it's simply using webbrowser control calls, or the internetexplorer.application COM object, technically it would be using a 32bit "browser" (COM object, really).

hm, I will try it then.

Is there any other cool plugins for Media Center that could be useful ? (WLMessenger, Emulators, stuff like that... Anything that could avoid having to close Media Center to do cool stuff :))

Edited by Ben_j