Somewhat urgent: Cant install original windows again after Nlite

synthro

This is a strange problem. I have been using nlite customized windows for couple of years, now when i want to revert back to original windows xp again - the xp installer hangs just before you get to the format/partition area. STOP: 0x0000007B etc...

The strange thing is that if put on my nlite customized windows cd and try the same thing - everything works! I tried deleting all partions

from nlite win setup and then putting real windows disk but same problem. How can i erase my disks fully now?? If i do it from nlite windows setup it still doesnt work???

Is there some boot-cd you can burn that completley erases everything so i can install original windows again?

Please help.

This is a strange problem. I have been using nlite customized windows for couple of years, now when i want to revert back to original windows xp again - the xp installer hangs just before you get to the format/partition area. STOP: 0x0000007B etc...

The strange thing is that if put on my nlite customized windows cd and try the same thing - everything works! I tried deleting all partions

from nlite win setup and then putting real windows disk but same problem. How can i erase my disks fully now?? If i do it from nlite windows setup it still doesnt work???

Is there some boot-cd you can burn that completley erases everything so i can install original windows again?

Please help.

synthro, the 07B Stop code is saying Setup cannot find your HDD. My guess is that you included your Text Mode driver into the nLite build. When you use the original CD, you will need to hit F6 when asked and tell Setup to load the Mass Storage driver from your floppy drive. If you have further questions, please attach your nLite Last Session. Enjoy, John.

He wanted to know if there was something that you could boot from to erase the HDD

He wanted to know if there was something that you could boot from to erase the HDD

Yes... so he could reinstall Windows. The problem is the OP doesn't understand what questions to ask, but the problem isn't wiping the disk, it's slipstreaming his boot drivers into textmode to avoid the 0x7b. Technically your response was accurate to the question, but it isn't going to ultimately help the OP solve the problem (because once the disk is wiped, he's still going to get a 0x7b on install without at least the disk controller drivers added to the installation media).

To the OP, you will need to add at least the disk controller drivers to your installation media to be available in text mode before you'll get past the problem (and I suppose nLite isn't the worst at doing that, although it can easily be done manually with a method that works on 2000, XP, and 2003 systems). And in a nod to mainpage, it's not a bad idea to do a DoD wipe on your hard disk before reinstalling Windows anyway, to make it difficult for someone to take the disk and recover anything that was on it previously (not impossible, but really difficult without specialized machinery and a clean room :)).