[ WARN ] An objectID is in use on this volume

Weird error I just started getting when mounting image on my C: drive. This does not happen mounting on my D: drive.

Actually repeats this a lot in cmd window but it mounts image in the end.

Just started yesterday

[ WARN ] An objectID is in use on this volume for [C:\Se7en_UA\zMountDir\Users\Public\Documents]. Committing o
r capturing this image will lose objectID information. Please mount or apply to another volume.

Using same imagex cmd to mount either drive

imagex /MOUNTRW C:\uaDVD\sources\install.wim 4 C:\zMountDir

MS Technet said get a faster PC, wrong.

I'll add logging to try and see whats up next step. Probably a dang MS update not playing well

maxXPsoft, have you tried issuing, at the cmd prompt, "fsutil objectid query <filename>", with out the quotes, of course? Don't know what it will tell you, but should not hurt. Enjoy, John.

Have you tried using the DISM Remount-WIM command.

/Remount-Wim

/MountDir:<path_to_mount_directory>

Remounts a mounted WIM file that has become inaccessible and makes it accessible for servicing.

Example:

Dism /Remount-Wim /MountDir:<path_to_mount_directory

Otherwise, delete that mount directory, re-create the mount folder. then run the cleanup-wim command and see if it still occurs. DISM has this habit of knowing the difference between two folders with the exact same name and path. Don't ask me how it knows.

Edited by MrJinje

Have you tried using the DISM Remount-WIM command.

Done all that. That was on technet also and I also cleaned it up including reg and deleted mount. 64 bit hangs sometimes dismounting but this was not the case.

Will require just digging

Hello Max :rolleyes:

The same problem happens for me with "imagex.exe" for mounting the image, but not with DISM.exe!

I've just copy/paste Dism.exe x86 (include with Windows 7 AIK) inside the folder "Tools\x86\" with Se7en_UA6.2.7 and using this one, and all is fine! Weird.

Maybe is the same result using "Dism.exe" inside "C:\Win7\sources\dism.exe"

echo ==Mounting Image==
"C:\Se7en_UA\Tools\x86\Dism.exe" /mount-wim /wimfile:"C:\Win7\sources\install.wim" /index:5 /mountdir:"C:\zMountDir"
echo ==Finished mounting Image==
pause

And after dismount and commit the image:

"C:\Se7en_UA\Tools\x86\Dism.exe" /unmount-wim  /mountdir:"C:\zMountDir" /commit

And when I launch a new time Se7en_UA6.2.6, all is fine; no Warning message!

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

• 1 year later...

We are building a new corporate image and ran into this error as well.

For us, we had to mount the .wim files on something other than the current system volume - we tried to mount to C:\[imagepath]\mount and it gave a whole slew of "objectID in use" errors.

They guy training me quickly remembered and had us unmount then re-mount on another volume (in this case an external USB 3.0 drive) and it remounted without error.