Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

codeblue

Comodo Internet Security 4

For those of you looking for a way to install this or just parts of it silently, I found these switches on the Comodo forum. First extract the msi by running the CIS installer and ticking the 'Dont install yet' (or something like that) box. Grab the msi and:

Following is a list of known properties and their possible values (? indicates the value is unconfirmed). There is no need to include a property if using the default value.

INSTALLANTIVIRUS=

0 don't install anti-virus

1 ? install anti-virus (default)

INSTALLFIREWALL=

0 ? don't install firewall

1 ? install firewall (default)

FWFEATURES=

1 firewall only, no defence+

2 ? firewall & optimal defence+ (default)

3 ?? firewall & maximum defence+ (wild guess)

THREATCASTFEATURE=

1 ? join threatcast (default)

2 don't join threatcast

SETOURDNSSERVER=

0 ? don't use Comodo DNS servers (default)

1 ? use Comodo DNS servers

INSTALLDEFHOMEPAGE=

0 don't change IE homepage

1 ? change IE homepage (default)

INSTALLASKDEFSEARCH=

0 don't install IE toolbar

1 ? install IE toolbar (default)

For example the following command will install the firewall only (x64 version with no AV, D+, TC, DNS or bonus features):

msiexec /I PathToInstaller\cis_setup_x64.msi INSTALLANTIVIRUS=0 FWFEATURES=1 THREATCASTFEATURE=2 INSTALLDEFHOMEPAGE=0 INSTALLASKDEFSEARCH=0 /Passive /NoRestart

while the following command should install everything (x86 version with AV, FW, max D+, TC, DNS and all bonus features):

msiexec /I PathToInstaller\cis_setup_x86.msi FWFEATURES=3 SETOURDNSSERVER=1 /Passive /NoRestart

I tried this on mu Win7 Ultimate 64bit and it worked a treat. Did have to reset pc to see the icon in the tray though.