Delivering Data Files via Nlite

JoeKickass

Simply put I want to deliver a folder of data files to my Nlite installation. There are a number of optional drivers and apps that I want to only install on "some" of the machines I'll be setting up via Nlite, so I thought if I made a folder on the desktop called "Optional Files" (or some other location or name) and either deleted it or ran at after the Nlite install did its thing I'd have a slick option.

Does that make sense?

Is that feasible?

Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks in advance for reading my n00b question. :)

Hmm, I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, I was just using the best tool that I could find to a few (5)quick installs of XP. I'm not a corporation or even a business, but I do find myself reinstalling XP pretty regularly and not every install needs the same stuff.

Anyway, sorry if I came across poorly in my first post, I guess I'll go elsewhere.

Thanks

Hmm, I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, I was just using the best tool that I could find to a few (5)quick installs of XP. I'm not a corporation or even a business, but I do find myself reinstalling XP pretty regularly and not every install needs the same stuff.

Anyway, sorry if I came across poorly in my first post, I guess I'll go elsewhere.

Thanks

JoeKickass, if you are using nLite for non-business and personal use only, then it is OK. Be sure to read the license agreement (found in the nLite folder in your Program Files folder) as suggested by Kelsenellenelvian. I use WPI (couple of forums down) to do what you want to do and many other things. The $OEM$ folder is also useful for copying files to various system folders but it will not work for accounts because it runs before the accounts are created. Enjoy, John.