Admin. rights in Windows 7

morland

Hi,

I have Win7 installed and the PC already has 3 accounts (2 of which have Admin rights). I want to install various software in such a manner so that all existing accounts will have access to that software rather than installing the software individually by logging into the existing accounts.

Can someone kindly help.

Thanks.

OMG. Made a big blunder but hope there is some solution. And i just checked and the last restore point is 3 days old...

By mistake and while logged in with another administrator account, I deleted a Windows account of another administrator. Is there any way to undo and recover the deleted account.

Please hlp. OMG, what was I thinking :(

Edited by morland

Hi Tripredacus,

Well I'm learning Windows 7 and paid a BIG price for that :) but in all fairness it wa my mistake. I thought I was deleting some other account and kept clicking yes on the notifications/warnings and ended up loosing all the data associated with that profile. Tried a tool called Recova or something like that but no luck. Ended up restoring from the last available restore point that was available (3 days old).

Wonder how I can increase (but only slightly) the frequency of Windows 7 automatically creating a restore point.

Thanks for merging and my apologies. I don't know what a hidden Administrator Account is or how to access it (in XP or in Windows 7). I was just logged in with another Admin. account and that's how I ended by deleting the other Admin account.

Can create restore point with vbs - source here.

Untested. I assume this will work on 7 just the same as XP - Report back if it doesn't.

Create_Restore_Point.vbs

Set IRP = getobject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore")

MYRP = IRP.createrestorepoint ("My Restore Point", 0, 100)

You may want to play with it to change the "My Restore Point" text to something more meaningful.