Problems with Nlite

legnireb

Hi everybody

I have this problem:

I use Nlite to make my xp cd with sp3 with my cd key in the section of unnatended.

I made the iso and tested in vmware and at 33minutes it keeps asking for the cd product key...strange.

Here is my winnt.sif:

Perhaps you can find what is going wrong...i have tried many ways but it keeps asking for the product key , but as you can see it is in winnt.sif;

; Generated by nLite 1.4.9.1

[Data]

Autopartition=0

MsDosInitiated=0

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=DefaultHide

UnattendSwitch="No"

OemPreinstall="Yes"

OemSkipEula="Yes"

FileSystem=*

WaitForReboot="No"

NoWaitAfterTextMode=1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Hibernation="No"

[Display]

Xresolution=1024

Yresolution=768

BitsPerPel=32

Vrefresh=60

[systemRestore]

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

TimeZone=085

OEMSkipRegional=1

OemSkipWelcome=1

[Components]

[userData]

ProductKey="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

ComputerName=home

FullName="teste"

OrgName="teste"

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

Language= "0816"

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents="Yes"

[WindowsFirewall]

Profiles=WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall

[WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall]

Mode=0

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup="REDE"

ths for the help you can give

Leg

legnireb, I don't see anything. If you put in your key does it continue? Try setting the Unattended Mode, in Unattended-General Tab, to Fully Automatic. Is the copy of Windows legal and the key a valid key for the copy of Windows? OEM keys are only for OEM copies, Retail for Retail, etc. Where did you get the copy of Windows and the key and are they OEM, Retail, Recovery or else? Please post the value of the Pid in the file setupp.ini. Should be in the I386 folder. Enjoy, John.

Hi Johnhc

Yes, if i put my Key (again) the instalation continues.It seems it is not reading winnt.sif...

I already tried "full Automatic" its the same...

My key is legal and also the cd..

Here is the setupp.ini PID:

As you see its not a OEM licence...

[Pid]

ExtraData=79727269676D716B6C6F177A30CFE1

Pid=55729270

Another thing, i am making Nlite cd in a windows xp machine...

Leg

legnireb, I am really not sure what's going on here. Did you create a user account? I could not find your Pid via Google, which I normally can. I don't know what that means. Is your CD Retail or what? I suggest you go back to your first post and change the thread title reflecting the key problem. Hopefully it will attract someone who knows more than I do about this. Enjoy, John.

I could not find your Pid via Google, which I normally can. I don't know what that means. Is your CD Retail or what?
It's XP Pro, VLK, Portuguese.

Anyway, back to the OP - if the installation is prompting for a key, and DefaultHide is set as the mode of unattend, that means the key is NOT a VLK key. If it's asking for a key, and there's one in the unattend, then this is why it's asking - you probably have an OEM or retail key, and for some odd reason you've created an unattend with VLK media.

Hi cluberti

Maybe you're right but why when i put the key(the same in Nlite) when it ask for in vmware, it continues the instalation?

It didnt say its not a valid key...it continues and finishes the instalatrion...why?

Ths for the help guys!!!

Leg

Are you *sure* it's the same key, without any typos / whitespace at the end of the line / etc? Also, what happens if you use the same winnt.sif in the i386 folder of a non-nLite'd install? The only reason it's asking is because it didn't like the key - as to why, I cannot say for sure without a debug.

Wow! Great to hear you have the Mojo, cluberti! Thanks, John.

I see what you did there ;). Anyway, I happen to have a copy of said XP installation media as I had researched a bug specific to a Portuguese localized install, and it was a VLK install I had - I checked, and it matches this PID.