Deleted temp files

BJMckay

Hello all, i had a virus issue, and had problems getting rid of it. The antivirus reported it being in path c:/users/me/App data/local/temp, so i went to the folder and tried to delete it, but it would not delete, so i deleted all the files in the temp folder, now getting a pop-up error saying "125151Log.iniis missing", and the program seems to be related to AsusSetup, which i have uninstalled, yet this error comes up after login each time PC is booted. I have looked through the registry and removed values for asus dvd, and still getting error.

Any ideas here?

cheers

Some service is likely trying to use that file. First thing to try is create a txt file with that name and put it in that folder. Then mark it as read only. Maybe that will make the error go away. However if the file is blank you may get a new error, but maybe one with more info to track the exact cause. If this program came on a disc, you can try looking for an INI on there and copy it to that location and give it that name.

Some service is likely trying to use that file. First thing to try is create a txt file with that name and put it in that folder. Then mark it as read only. Maybe that will make the error go away. However if the file is blank you may get a new error, but maybe one with more info to track the exact cause. If this program came on a disc, you can try looking for an INI on there and copy it to that location and give it that name.

Thanks, i'll try that.

cheers

• 3 months later...

If you are using Windows OS you might wanna try system restore. You may choose to restore the computer from before you manually edited the registry.

Next time you might wanna try to secure a c cleaner download. It is a free registry cleaner program that has registry back up feature which can be very useful in situations like this. This program has the ability to identify errors on your registry's database and are able to fix them. :thumbup

Hope this helps :yes:

Edited by Tripredacus