autounattend.xml not working

Hi There new to this but thought I would give it a go.

My problem is that I have made a win 7 autounattend.xml file and have it on a usb flash drive and load windows from a dvd.

I have it set to install windows choose locale as "en-uk" and the time set to uk time as well also have it partition the hdd into 2 and install the os onto the first partition. All performs well apart from it hangs on the screen to choose location ie us which I then have to choose uk from the drop down box the same applies to the time settings but everything else works fine. I have tried changing the locale to en-GB and en-UK both without success.

Anyone else having this problem if so how was it sorted? Im installing win7 ultimate 64bit from dvd and the answer file on usb flash drive.

Many thanks,

Make a copy of your XML, edit out the product key and any other confidential info (like domains, usernames, support phone numbers, etc) and make a reply here and attach it to your post. Please do not just paste it in a reply.

:hello:

Make a copy of your XML, edit out the product key and any other confidential info (like domains, usernames, support phone numbers, etc) and make a reply here and attach it to your post. Please do not just paste it in a reply.

:hello:

Hi Hope this is right. I have attached the xml file with the changes requested and attached the file. I am using this file to install win 7 ultimate 32bit fully unattended from dvd and as I have said everything works apart from I have to choose the language at the splash screen along with the time location.

Hope this makes sense.

autounattend.test.xml

1. Moved Timezone out of oobeSystem and into Specialize pass.

2. Added Locale info to oobeSystem pass

3. Moved specialize pass to before oobeSystem (for easier reading)

See attached.

Notes:

- I hope this works, might need more tweaking

- I cannot find locale code for en-uk, so I used en-us for InputLocale.

autounattend.test.xml

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for that a lot more than I had expected :D I will give that a go later and reply with the outcome.

Once again many thanks for your help.

I'm no expert, but shouldn't the .xml file be named Unattand, and not Autounattend?

Many thanks for that a lot more than I had expected :D I will give that a go later and reply with the outcome.

Once again many thanks for your help.

I'm no expert, but shouldn't the .xml file be named Unattand, and not Autounattend?

You can name the file anything you want if you are using a custom script for setup.exe or sysprep. If you want the install DVD to find it automatically, it needs to be called AUTOUNATTEND.XML.

• 1 year later...

1. Moved Timezone out of oobeSystem and into Specialize pass.

2. Added Locale info to oobeSystem pass

3. Moved specialize pass to before oobeSystem (for easier reading)

See attached.

Notes:

- I hope this works, might need more tweaking

- I cannot find locale code for en-uk, so I used en-us for InputLocale.

Sorry to resurrect this post, but I am having a similar issue and can't find a solution.

The deployed Windows 7 32-bit image is UK time/date/region, all looks fine but the short date format is set to US, this is a problem with some software we use called Ingres, it picks up the short date as a parameter and errors if incorrect format is used.

Within the registry it is set to region 409 (US) within "HKCU\Control Panel\International\locale=00000409"

UK details are in our unattend as follows, please check for any mistakes:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">

<settings pass="oobeSystem">

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364exx" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<SetupUILanguage>

<UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>

</SetupUILanguage>

<InputLocale>0809:00000809</InputLocale>

<SystemLocale>en-GB</SystemLocale>

<UILanguage>en-GB</UILanguage>

<UserLocale>en-GB</UserLocale>

</component>

</settings>

<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim://work/osd/ref/win7capture.wim#1" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />

</unattend>

I'm not sure if <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage> should or can be changed to <UILanguage>en-GB</UILanguage>, I've read quite a bit and some people have problems changing that option.

We are deploying via SCCM and using a WIM file.

If any help can be shed on this I will be grateful.

Thanks

I'm not sure if <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage> should or can be changed to <UILanguage>en-GB</UILanguage>, I've read quite a bit and some people have problems changing that option.

The documentation I have doesn't list en-GB as an option for that, which is probably why people have a problem using it. The only English option is en-US.

Language Pack Default Values

It appears that en-GB is a valid value for all the other locale settings except UILanguage. You may need to do a reg key to make the change you need during FirstLogonCommands or SetupComplete.cmd.

The documentation I have doesn't list en-GB as an option for that, which is probably why people have a problem using it. The only English option is en-US.

Language Pack Default Values

It appears that en-GB is a valid value for all the other locale settings except UILanguage. You may need to do a reg key to make the change you need during FirstLogonCommands or SetupComplete.cmd.

Thanks for the reply, ok I will play around with editing to the following:

<UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>

<InputLocale>2057:00000809</InputLocale>

<SystemLocale>en-GB</SystemLocale>

And if still an issue will change to the <UILanguage>en-GB</UILanguage> parameter.

My issue might be down to the InputLocale, digging around I found it should be <InputLocale>2057:00000809</InputLocale> and not my previously documented <InputLocale>0809:00000809</InputLocale>.

:)