windows XP installation

ayodele

my name is solomon, i try to format windows vista to windows XP but my laptop is not accepting it .only blue screen is displaying.how can i install XP on windows vista. is there any software i can use to format it to windows XP.my email

Edited by Tripredacus
removed email address

only blue screen is displaying.

NO, there is some white text on the blue screen, which is an ERROR CODE that you should post in order for anyone to be able to help you.

Most probably you are trying to install XP on a PC with SATA drives and your install lacks the proper drivers, and the error message is 0x0000007b "unaccessible boot device", but without some indformation and details, it's an educated but still wild guess.

Some "general" advice on how to ask for help on a technical board:

http://homepages.tesco.net/J.deBoynePollard/FGA/problem-report-standard-litany.html

Besides the BSOD code, post some info on the hardware, and on the OS (SP?), which media are you using to install from, etc., etc.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

(1) If your computer's Warranty period is Over then you can do this ...

use a Boot CD, that have Disk Partitioning software (Acronis, Paragon, etc) in it. Then you must Set the partitioning software configuration, to copy or move partition sector by sector, bit by bit, even empty areas.

(2) If your System Recovery Partition (which is usually around 4 to 10 GigaBytes) is located at the end of the hard-drive area, then delete it. Dont increase your biggest NTFS partition size yet. Make the biggest NTFS partition, an 'Active' partition. Goto step 6.

(3) If your System Recovery Partition (which is usually around 4 to 10 GigaBytes) is located at the beginning of the hard-drive area, then reduce the biggest NTFS partition size by around 15 GB less, keep that 15 GB free space at the end.

(4) Try to move that System Recovery partition in that free space area at the end of the hard-drive, first. If cannot be moved then do a partition copy, bit by bit. Then make the biggest NTFS partition an 'Active' partition. If you failed to move and copy both, then make a 2GB FAT or FAT32 partition right after that Sysmtem recovery partition, by reducing your biggest NTFS partition size by 2GB, and try to keep/create that 2GB emty space in the beginning of that biggest partition area, but after the System Recovery partition. And then make the 2GB FAT or FAT32 partition an 'Active' partition.

(5) now delete the System Recovery Partition that is in the 1st or in the beginning of your hard-drive area. (must see previous paragraphs).

(6) now you will be able to install Windows XP, Vista, 7 OS . During setup, if/when you are prompted to select a partition to install your OS, you should select the biggest NTFS partition.

~ Tareek . 2010-Mar-30,5:11P,U-08:00.

Edited by Tareek

if your XP cd cannot show any partition for XP installations, then you need SATA (Mass Storage) drivers inside the CD . make a folder in your hard drive "XP_Original", copy all your files & folders from the original XP CD into that folder . Make a copy of the "XP_Original" folder, into "XP_with_Drivers" folder. Then goto DriverPacks.net, download the DPBase software & Mass Storage drivers. Use the DPBase software, to integrate all the mass storage drivers, inside the "XP_with_Drivers" folder . then download nLight software . use nLight on that "XP_with_Drivers" folder, and select the Bootable CD Making option only, make an iso image . then use Nero, or ImgBurn to burn that iso image on an empty CD as a Burn CD/DVD Image, not as a file . now you can use this CD to boot & load XP on that laptop.

~ Tareek . 2010-Mar-30,5:41P,U-08:00.