Create updated IE8 installer

redeye_be

4 members have voted

1. 1. I would like to create an updated installer for IE8

• I want that too!
    • I wouldd love that but it simply is not possible.
    • You are an id*** for even asking this.
    • It is not possible right now but I started creating a script. Will be ready in a few hours.
    • ;)

Hello all,

I might be on a completely wrong track here...

I'd like to create an installer for IE8 which includes the latest updates/hotfixes.

I thought IEAK 8 would let me do this but it simply downloads the updates after the installation. I'd like to be able to skip this..

If this is possible, could it be an alternative to run this installer through eg RunOnceEx in stead of slipstreaming it in the XP SP3 installer image?

Thank you for reading.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Edited by redeye_be

• 1 month later...

Thx Brat,

Sorry for the late reply.

Nice tool, I succeeded in creating an updated addon to slipstream with nLite.

Do you know whether I'm supposed to be able to do the same with a IE8 installation which I modified with IEAK? (I don't seem to be able to...)

Do you know whether I'm supposed to be able to do the same with a IE8 installation which I modified with IEAK?

Not really sure, but here's another tip: if you run IE8 from Command Prompt with the /? switch, you will get the switches to install silently from RunOnce. I'm pretty sure there were some options for the IEAK as well.

Edit: I just tried the tool and the created installer does not contain the same files as the normal one; thus it's not possible to use the DXUPAC.exe tool

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Edit: I just tried the tool and the created installer does not contain the same files as the normal one; thus it's not possible to use the DXUPAC.exe tool

I guess we'll have to make do without the IEAK options then (for now).

Thank you for trying!