Trouble Repairing

I think this would be a problem if I decide to reformat as well...

I've got a sony VAIO here that came with MCE preinstalled and Windows Installer won't detect the hard drive. I am suspecting it needs SATA drivers. I downloaded the appropriate drivers from Sony's site and plugged in an external floppy drive, but after hitting F6 I get the following message:

Setup was unable to load support for the mass storage device you specified. Currently, Setup will load support for the following mass storage device(s):

<none>

It still lets me "specify additional SCSI adaptors" by pushing S. I get a list of four, and each returns the following error:

File iaStor.sys caused an unexpected error (32768) at line 2113 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\oemdisk.c.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is my disk corrupted? Are my drivers not working? Should I find different ones, or should I dare to try slipstreaming SP3 into my discs and repairing with them? Would that even work? If anyone can help me, I'd much appreciate it, thanks! :)

If it is Intel SATA, why not try Fernando_1's modified drivers here: . They are optimized for minimum mistakes. Slipstreaming SP3 to MCE has been known to downgrade version number to 2.8 (if I remember well), so either don't try it or find a really good guide. I think there's a really good one here at MSFN.

Make sure you copy the drivers to the root of the floppy, not in a folder.

Good luck