Single Image Multiple Product Keys

Hey everyone, :hello: I’m attempting to start the builds for my home network and have a few questions regarding the various flavors of Win 7. What I have is the following.

1. Win 7 Professional 1 ea.

2. Win 7 Home Premium (Family Pack) 3 ea. (3 separate packs.)

3. Win 7 Home Premium (HP Upgrade) Laptop 1 ea. (This is actually a FULL version) Installs fine with Bare Metal install.

What I’m trying to achieve is to be able to use the valid licenses that I have with just 1 image, as Win 7 has all the images on the DVD and just depends on which key is used. Just don’t want any problems when they activate. I might also add here that 3 of the desktops are 64Bit and the other 6 are 32 Bit, plus 1 Laptop which is 64Bit from HP with Vista.

Also what do I need to do in order to install over the network as I did with XP using Bart’s PE or other PE environments? And, can I rename the Autounattend to the computers name, so that the correct image can be installed.

Example:

DISKPART /s dskpart.txt

FORMAT c: /fs:ntfs /Q /V:System /Y

FORMAT D: /fs:ntfs /Q /V:Storage /Y

cd\unattended\I386

winnt32.exe /tempdrive:c: /unattend:NAME.sif /noreboot

reboot

Forgot to add, if there is a site that covers this please let me know. Everything I have seen so far is Deployment for companies.

Thanks Bunch

jd

Edited by 03GrandAmGT

What I’m trying to achieve is to be able to use the valid licenses that I have with just 1 image, as Win 7 has all the images on the DVD and just depends on which key is used.

jd

then you could use something like this in a .cmd file

REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v "EditionID" | FINDSTR /I "Starter"
IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 SET PIDKEY=xxxxx-xxxxx
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v "EditionID" | FINDSTR /I "HomeBasic"
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v "EditionID" | FINDSTR /I "HomePremium"
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v "EditionID" | FINDSTR /I "Professional"
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v "EditionID" | FINDSTR /I "Ultimate"

cscript %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs -ipk %PIDKEY%

Thanks maxXPsoft

So make this a command file with a name and call it from autounattend.xml? Will try this weekend and see what happens. Now I just need to find away to call the setup from the file server to the desktop any ideas? Everything I have tried so far has failed. I get a response of a wrong version OS, may have to build a special PE disk.

Thanks Again

jd