How to re enable Control Alt Delete x2 on XP?

I have been able to log on to Windows XP administrator account by pressing CAD (Ctrl+Alt+Del) two times at the welcome screen where users are required to enter their password. When I pressed CAD x2 times a log on dialog box would pop up and i would enter the administrator user name and the password.

This option was very convenient because the administrator account was hidden and I could access it any time without having to reboot in safe mode or make it available at the log on screen.

After installing SP3 on XP this option is no longer available. I think Microsoft has disabled it for some purpose.

I want to know if anyone knows how to re enable it. Is there any registry key that can be changed to enable it again?

Thanks

Edited by endritius

I don't think SP3 is the problem. I have XP Pro with SP3; I just used Log Off and the Classic Logon screen appeared as expected.

Anyway, I think the answer to your question is here: http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/john-savills-windows-faqs/how-can-i-enable-disable-the-ctrl-alt-del-to-enter-logon-information-.aspx

Check it out and report back

Yes it worked! I don't understand the relation between the two but anyway thanks a lot!

Can you take a look also to this thread:

It's the same thing but i want to be able to do it also on Windows 7... if you have any idea.

Much appreciated, have a nice day!

I don't think SP3 is the problem. I have XP Pro with SP3; I just used Log Off and the Classic Logon screen appeared as expected.

Anyway, I think the answer to your question is here: http://www.windowsit...formation-.aspx

Check it out and report back