Trying to Set Up XP From Scratch on my HP zd8000

ANlMAL

Okay, So I have had this hp zd8000 with a windows critical error that was laying around the house and due to a poor economy and the resulting lack of work it was a non-issue. However lately I have been offered some work and needed to get my autocad up and running again and so I once again needed this pc to run. Well being the bumbling fool I am I decided ubuntu would be fun to try out and as windows was not working I installed it over writing windows. Well I could not get my autocad to run (no big suprise to many i am sure) and so today I installed windows XP. First I completely formatted the hard drive, which seemed like a good idea - /shrug boy can I be dumb.

Okay so here is my situation. . .

#1 all my divers are gone . . . I can not find a way to get my ATI Radeon x600 to run - 9.11 driver wont work and neither will the 9.3. . .

#2 when I go to audio settings it says "no device" so I am pretty sure I have a similar problem here.

I think perhaps I am screwed? If anyone can help I would be most grateful. Cheers!

Edited by ANlMAL

Well, here is the official driver page for one.

Newer ATI Catalyst drivers require .NET Framework 2.0 be installed on the PC. Do you have that?

As to the audio, it is possible the driver isn't showing if you have a high definition (HD) audio codec. Have you installed SP3? The support for HD Audio is built in with SP3, and after that you can add your audio driver. If you have SP1 or SP2, you need to download KB888111 accordingly to the SP version (there was another update that did the same thing, but I can't remember the exact numbers) to get the support.