nlite + SP3 + onepiece error

l33boy

Hi guys, pretty simple one this... he said :rolleyes:

I installed nlite then integrated XP to SP3 service pack.... and then integrated onepiece latest release.

Nothing else was changed and I burned a DVD to see if it would load.

but..... it just keeps going around in a boot loop after the format/install and just before the GUI on windows.

It says something like 'windows is restarting' and reboots... endlessly....?

Any thoughts guys?

Edited by l33boy

Does the install complete with the original CD ?

+Can you read the big red announcement up your screen ?

No issues with the original CD and I'm at work at the moment so can't post it ... just wondered if anyone else has had the same error.

I also didn't remove anything other than games/themes etc ....just integrated the updates....

I'll post it later this evening

Edited by l33boy

Sorry chaps, didn't get chance last night.... very late home....

The process was Clean CD copy of XPSP2 which I ran through nlite to upgrade to SP3.

I then re-ran it through nlite to install the onepiece pack and remove some minor junk like themes/games etc.

I'm home early tonight so I'll get that session posted.....

You've already done something bad - you ran an nLite'd source (the SP3 source) through nLite again, and usually that can be problematic. What I would suggest is go back to your SP2 source and integrate SP3 manually using the /integrate switch, *without* nLite. Then run that source (after making a copy, of course) through nLite and see what happens.

Cluberti, most users agree that this is not a problem as long as the SP integration is the *only* operation done with nLite, the result is still valid as an "original source" at least technically and in this context.

I believe Ponch is correct. nLite does internally use the /integrate switch on the service pack installer to slipstream it, as evidenced by trying to use nLite to slipstream SP2 into XPx64 from within XPx86 (nLite fails to run a 64-bit app within a 32-bit OS). nLite does make some changes in XPx64 outside of strictly slipstreaming the service pack, but they seem to be benign.

Hi guy's

Well I got more time at it last night so decided to do a complete ...start again.....

This time I used the most recent onepiece.. mine was Decembers

It worked OK so now I'm going to try removing stuff to see how lightweight I can get it.

Cheers chaps

Oh, by the way, when you slipstream in nlite the windows slipstream pop-up comes up, so Ponch is correct.

I know most people say "it's ok", and it probably is - but if all you're going to do is run /integrate, why take the chance? It can be done outside of nLite, removes the possibility (however small) that a problem can occur, and you can test that SP3 source (and make a copy) before you even involve nLite. I always prefer to do things the cleanest way possible, because it makes testing and troubleshooting situations just like this easier in the future.

if all you're going to do is run /integrate, why take the chance?

I only have 2 reasons, I'll let you appreciate their validity:

-because we're lazy and clicking is easier than typing paths and SP's complete name.

-because nLite gets around this kind of situation, when /integrate just stops (I think).

As for integrating SP and modifying in the same session, there's a small bug in the handling of the "last session" (for those using it) that is loaded versus a pre-integration source but ran and saved on a post integration source.