SFC Button Keeps Resetting To Enabled

shadow33

Hi. I'm having problems with the SFC button option. It's on the patches options of Nlite. The button resets to enabled and is greyed out. And I like to use XP Visual styles. But this button won't let me. When I check the iso in VirtualBox my visual themes aren't there. And XP's style is not even Luna's. It looks like the boring classic styles. The iso worked though before I included all the hotfixes. But after adding them my styles didn't show up. Is this a bug? Am I the only one with this problem? Can it be fixed? Thank you.

P.S. I wish there was a way to just have Windows XP start with the welcome screen and no login stuff. Sorry I'm just a novice at this.

The fact the box is greyed "but looks ticked" is a cosmetic bug.

But... the button being greyed out means the option can't be used because SFC has already been removed (nLite doesn't readd components), and that because you are re-running nLite on a resulting set of files, which you should not unless you know axactly what you do (but you call yourself "a novice" ;) ). I believe your problem does not come from SFC but from something else you remove. +Try reading the red announcement up your screen.

Edited by Ponch

I really don't know what you mean when you said I'm not using the original set of files. I'm using a legal Windows XP disk that I paid for. And I did make a earlier Nlite Xp disk with the visual styles working. So you're wrong. I just have to go back to a older Nlite version that worked. And it is greyed out. I can't change it unless I click on some other session. Which I don't want to do.

P.S. I didn't take out any files. I just want to have my styles be included in the finish disk. But that greyed out button is stopping that. Like I said, the styles were included when I didn't put the hotfixes on the disk. Must be one of the hot fixes.