user & pass require for shares ! :S

rebrov

i have xp installed on my system and when i share any folder and some one want to access my pc to view shares

he get prompt user and pass require to access my pc over the network and i didn't put in user or pass or anything :S:

is there any solving for this ?

They're getting prompted because the current user account that they've used to log into their remote XP system doesn't match a user and password combination on your PC. So, either you create one that they can use (and make sure it has access), or you enable the guest account and give that account permissions to the shares on your XP machine. The former is more secure, obviously.

They're getting prompted because the current user account that they've used to log into their remote XP system doesn't match a user and password combination on your PC. So, either you create one that they can use (and make sure it has access), or you enable the guest account and give that account permissions to the shares on your XP machine. The former is more secure, obviously.

ok i want to make my system like regular windows xp i mean when u download xp from net it working fine right ?

u can access its shares without user and pass prompt right ?

so i want to make my xp like regular OEM xp cuz maybe something on my system is miss configured the right way

can u guide me ?

my xp main account is Administrator and no users else i didnt' create any user account any idea's ?

Yeah, no. Especially the part about downloading XP from the 'net. I've told you the two options you have, and those are it.

I would suggest you read the rules again, especially that first one, rule 1.a. Warning #1 and only - again and banned.

[Closed].