cant access "manage" on "my computer" icon

Woomera

computer management wont open via right-click on my computer and select "manage". i have to open it from "administrative tools".

also in windows backup the usb hdd which had schedule enable is disconnected and now cant be deleted or change its settings.

how can i fix these?

ok so that fix the right click issue by pointing to another file. the question now is why the .exe file doesnt work? only the msc one does.

and why is it alo happened to other programs like windows backup? the "manage space" and "change settings" under windows backup also doesnt work.

EDIT: nvm i found the cause of this issue. for anyone else who might have encountered this,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...24-820231a7d78d

Edited by Woomera

i apologyze, my bad. the first response to the guy's post in the link was the solution. all the issue's i mentioned in this thread were solved by disabling a-squared anti-malware explorer extension.

thanks

i apologyze, my bad. the first response to the guy's post in the link was the solution. all the issue's i mentioned in this thread were solved by disabling a-squared anti-malware explorer extension.

thanks

Cool, Here is how to disable the explorer extension for future readers.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...ec-8e1c701fc7dc

Open a-squared Anti-Malware, click Configuration , and uncheck Activate Explorer integration. The trade-off of this option is that you won't be able to scan individual files/folders from the context menu (if you really do need that functionality, it's easy to recheck the box and re-activate explorer integration).