Wacom Intuos3

epic

I have a wacom intuos3. Windows 7 64bit. Installed the current drivers, WacomTablet_612-5, from wacom's support page. Yet, I am experiencing very annoying issues. I've installed the drivers many times, removed them, verified the TabletServiceWacom is set to automatic. Windows 7 detects the tablet there, installs the device and recognizes it by name. However, if I were to place the pen over the tablet, Seven throws a complete fit, throwing the message in the Wacom Control Panel "A supported tablet was not found on the system." This is almost constant... place the pen over the tablet... windows pnp wav file sounds...tantrum...unplug usb...plug usb in...windows detects tablet pnp wave file sounds...place pen over tablet...pnp wav file sounds...tantrum... almost continuous, even after a reboot, the message is persistent.

Now, this Windows 7 image has the Tablet PC components removed. What I hear from Wacom Support, is that the Wacom is completely separate from this service and has no dependencies. They also suggest to disable/remove any such services from within Windows Features. So why in the world would be experiencing nerve wracking issues with this **** thing?

So, IF, it so happens to be dependent on the Windows 7 Tablet PC components... then how can I install these, without having to create a new image that does has them and complete a system repair?

Were these installed on a full retail version of Windows 7 or was this an upgrade from XP or Vista to 7?

Edit:

just tried your suggested drivers... no go. Once the pen touches the pad, it's literally a continuous device disconnect wav., there is also no activity in the device manager. Whereas with the latest drivers it searches, then disconnects then connects, then disconnects, searches.. device manager will display an error on one of the Hid compliant devices, then disappears then reappears.

Edited by epic

Same here. All USB devices work fine, besides this.

Just created a new image... did a full back up and will see where this goes.

Edit:

Installed it differently this time before I did a reimage. Plugged the wacom in first... let Windows 7 detect the drivers, then installed the Wacom drivers, seems to be working fine now. Guess I'll find out.

Edited by epic