Is it worth it ?

Junior2613

Hi all again :D

I recently ordered a new 550W PSU with dual 16A 12v rails :D to power my system after th old PSU went kaput cause of my bro flipping the voltage switch :( would it still be worth it to OC my e2140 to somewhere between 2.6 and 3.3Ghz ? or just buy a new cpu cause i am on a really low budget :P

I recently ordered a new 550W PSU with dual 16A 12v rails :D

Which basically means nothing. Combined power and quality are the main concerns here, and we can't guess anything about either. Either ways, it's not sounding too great to begin with. Good PSUs around that wattage can push around 40 to 45A combined on the 12v rails, and here you likely have 30 tops, so about 360W out of 550W. That's not exactly amazing. I mean, I have a 350W Seasonic that pushes almost as much (324W). So there's a large amount of power you'll never be able to use (most likely on the 5v rail). There are 400w PSUs that easily match this (and likely are of better quality and more efficient too).

would it still be worth it to OC my e2140 to somewhere between 2.6 and 3.3Ghz ? or just buy a new cpu cause i am on a really low budget :P

If your motherboard (no idea what you have) has the options, why not try it? Take it slow (gradually) and check your temps.