Network connection doesn't have "valid IP configuration"

BWS

Hi all

I have something which i have never seen before in networking troubleshooting

Am getting undefined network when i try using internet through my LAN adapter, My OS is Vista,Win 7 in xp the error is Limited connectivity

What solutions have i implemented?

1- I have format my pc with fresh OS, and problem still

2- I have RESET ip socket, RESET MAC Registry, Changing my MAC address to another

3- I have release/renew my ip several times

4- I have RESET my Linksys router to default settings (Factory Settings) , it's already new router

5 -I have REMOVE my LAN driver and reinstall it again, i have update driver too

6- I tried to set ip to my PC Manually and this doesn’t work , still looking for ip and it takes several time trying getting an ip

Can anyone tell me what other solution that i have missed?

By the way i have searched on internet for a solution about this , and most of posts doesn’t has proper solution , all of them talk about plug / unplug my cable , renew ip .. etc.

All possible solutions i have done them, am using internet currently through my WLAN usb adapter

What i have to mention also that only this PC having this problem, its possible my Network card having hardware issue? Do there is tool for checking network card performance ' test ' it

You will help me and other people which they are looking for 100% warranted solution

Thanks

Since you can connect through the USB WLAN, can you do the following?

Click on start button ---> run ---> type in "cmd" without the quotes (a black window will appear) ---> type in the black window "ipconfig /all" without the quotes and look at the lines under Wireless Network Connection. Can you tell us if the line that reads "DHCP enabled" is Yes or No? We need to know this in order to find if the router gives you the IP address, or if it needs to be entered manually.

nitroshift

Since you can connect through the USB WLAN, can you do the following?

Click on start button ---> run ---> type in "cmd" without the quotes (a black window will appear) ---> type in the black window "ipconfig /all" without the quotes and look at the lines under Wireless Network Connection. Can you tell us if the line that reads "DHCP enabled" is Yes or No? We need to know this in order to find if the router gives you the IP address, or if it needs to be entered manually.

nitroshift

It shows

DHCP Enabled >>>>>>>>>>> YES

Auto configuration Enabled >>>>>>>>>>> YES

Thanks for reply nitropuppy :rolleyes:

Now please remove the USB WLAN adapter, plug in the LAN cable and do the same. Also, please tell us what IP address you see under Local Area Connection, what subnet mask, gateway and DNS servers. Good luck!

PS. It might be worth remembering the IP address, gateway and DNS servers for the WLAN Adapter.