Driver Integration

myermian

Current System: Windows Vista

Current Computer: Sony VGN-TT290NIW

I'm attempting to use vLite to create a slipstreamed, clean, unattended Windows 7 DVD. I want to integrate the drivers needed to run the laptop (wireless, graphics, bluetooth, etc). Sony has the drivers as EXEs and I managed to get the contents of the EXE out for most of the drivers I need. For example:

(Alps® Pointing Device Driver) ALDOTH-70155579-32:

apfiltr.cat

Apfiltr.inf

WdfCoInstaller01001.dll

Basically, the folder contains a ton of files. vLite seems to only be concerned with the .inf file, but I'm pretty sure that it would need the rest of the files in there (they seem important). Am I to expect that vLite will automatically take care of copying necessary files or am I supposed to copy them to a certain folder?

Also, I'm not really sure what to do with certain ones that don't have .inf files... for example:

(Intel® Matrix Storage Manager Driver) INDOTH-70152646-32:

iata_cd.exe

It seems that in this scenario the driver is another .exe and I can't extract it for the life of me... does anyone have any suggestion on how I can get the contents of this secondary exe file, or somehow sipstream it in?

Oh, and the third issue I have is that some drivers have multiple .inf files in the folder... for example:

(Alps® Bluetooth® Driver) ALDBLT-70205933-US:

+ Win32

+ brcmWin7

bcbthid32.cat

bcbthid32.inf

bcbtums-win7x86-brcm.cat

Bcbtums-Win7x86-brcm.inf

btusbflt.sys

DPInst.exe

Again, not really sure what to do here... include both INFs? I'm trying to only include what is necessary since I want to fill up the DVD with as many apps that I can (office 2007 for example).

I think vLite will take all of them, from what I know quite a lot of the required info is in the .inf such as settings, resolutions etc etc. you should just select the multiple .inf selection if that makes sense. I don't think vLite works for making an unattended windows 7 DVD

I think vLite will take all of them, from what I know quite a lot of the required info is in the .inf such as settings, resolutions etc etc. you should just select the multiple .inf selection if that makes sense. I don't think vLite works for making an unattended windows 7 DVD

It has to be possible to make it unattended. Tiny7 (by eXPerience) is an unattended Win7 solution.

It has to be possible to make it unattended. Tiny7 (by eXPerience) is an unattended Win7 solution.

Please do not mention warez here!