Update Installation Failure

cscherme

When going to Windows Update, everything installs fine except an update for .net. The error code is this: Error Code: 0x8007F070

The update is this: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3 Security Update

It downloads, but wont install, it gives me the Installation Failure message, and produces the error code shown above. (0x8007F070 )

Anyone know how to fix it? I have tried uninstalling .net, but it wont install. .NET cleanup utility doesn't work either with this one. :angry:

I did a little search on google, and it seems you're not the only one. This error is reported on a lot of various updates, and I couldn't find anything close to a solution. However, I' suggest simply installing any higher version of .NET framework. Even if you don't need it now for a specific reason, you WILL, as many applications are written in .NET.

I did a little search on google, and it seems you're not the only one. This error is reported on a lot of various updates, and I couldn't find anything close to a solution. However, I' suggest simply installing any higher version of .NET framework. Even if you don't need it now for a specific reason, you WILL, as many applications are written in .NET.

I do have other .net installed. I guess I will have to tell windows update to ignore this one installation, even though I hate doing that.

Unless someone else knows a fix, I will block the installation I guess...

Edited by cscherme