Windows 7

wolfej

I knew the back up method had to be from an already activated machine and software. I'm sorry, but I think I used the word loader incorrectly as I definitely would never use anything from Juarez website or origin. It was obtained from an ex coworker which has a Dell M4400 w/Win 7 Ultimate. He was eligible for upgrade on one computer and the package had 3 copies of Win 7 in it. No wonder others are slow at getting there upgrades.

It still makes my wonder about the "Service Tag" not being right. I have to try and transfer the warranty somehow.

This might be sort of a stupid question, but when I go into registry and it references the Windows 7 Release 6.1.7600.16385. Beside this it also says something to the affect of the version being "RTM". What does this mean?

I found a few references to the build at these locations and some of them look suspicious. Here are the locations in my registry:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WBEM\

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM\Build (had a build date of July 12th, I think)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\BuildLab - 7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\BuildLabEx - 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\BuildLabEx - 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255

There may have been a couple of more, but this is most of them. Just curious if anyone else has something similar?

Thanks

Had to add this in! On top of all the Windows 7 stuff the jerk advertised it with a DVD+/-RW 8x Dual Layer and it comes with a plain jane DVD player. This guy is on Ebay and he is from Tampa, FL and he goes by the name "ufgators09". I tried to be very fare with him and even forget about Windows 7 and just swap out the DVD for the one it was advertised with and he will not return any communication that I send. So, BEWARE that this guy is a crook and a rip-off!!!

In case anyone wants the link for reference, here it is: http:

//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330372255637&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hope it works, Ebay can be aggravating sometime! Thanks again for everyone's help and feedback. Hope this doesn't happen to any of you.

Had to add this in! On top of all the Windows 7 stuff the jerk advertised it with a DVD+/-RW 8x Dual Layer and it comes with a plain jane DVD player. This guy is on Ebay and he is from Tampa, FL and he goes by the name "ufgators09". I tried to be very fare with him and even forget about Windows 7 and just swap out the DVD for the one it was advertised with and he will not return any communication that I send. So, BEWARE that this guy is a crook and a rip-off!!!

use the ebay feedback system and leave negative feedback because thats just BS if hes blatantly mislabeling an auction. thatll get his attention.