Win7 Unattended Install

I have been trying to build an unattended answer file for use to install Windows 7 Enterprise from various sources (USB Drive / DVD / Network Share) but I just can't seem to get the file to the starting point. Feeling old I remember in the "good old days" when you could run SysPrep and a basic winnt.sif file was created and then you could edit the file to add sections and components but you had a basic start.

Under Windows 7 I have downloaded the WIAK and installed it, opened the Install.WIM file and attempted to create and save the autounattend.xml file but I never seem to get the system to even read the file let alone apply those settings which I thought I had requested. I have looked at a document that gives the basics for Visat unattended installation but that hasn't helped much.

So, does anyone know of either a good starting point or some such that gives some direction. MSFN has an awesome "Go Me By" for XP which I used oftern but that (of course) doesn't work for 7. I want to get as hands off as possible with all users who touch the machine seeing the same stuff. Don't need to worry about any additional software as the systems will get their software from System Center. I will need to be able to set the machine name as a part of the installation (if possible) but everything else is pretty wide open.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can give me.