New Cpu

kyes20

Hi,

I am working with a DELL XPS 400 and was wondering if anyone could help me out. Origionally this computer had a pentium d and i am attempting to upgrade to a intel 2 core duo processor...i dont really know if my motherboard supports it or not or how to check if it does. All i know is it is the same socket type.

I have attached a file outlining my system.(CPUZ HTML report)

Any help would be appriciated thanks.

ULTRA_XP.zip

i dont really know if my motherboard supports it or not

It doesn't.

Also, a new board won't fit in there either (not only it's a Dell, but it uses a modified BTX FF). Your best bet at this point is a inexpensive yet decent case like a Antec 300, paired with a decent motherboard/CPU combo. Not 100% sure about the PSU. If you let us know what's your price range, we can come up with some suggestions. Or you could sell the thing and build a new one...

I am looking at free...i was wondering if you knew what type of cpus this computer is compatible with

and just wondering how much a full size tower case would cost as well as a good motherboard.

Edited by kyes20

I am looking at free...i was wondering if you knew what type of cpus this computer is compatible with

Nothing worth upgrading to, unless it's free: Pentium D's (I can't say which models for sur) and older stuff.

how much a full size tower case would cost as well as a good motherboard.

You can get a decent, standard mid-tower like a Antec 300 for about $50. Motherboard? It *totally* depends for which CPU, which manufacturer and so on.