How can I add more fonts to the FONTS folder in XP Pro

Hi:

Is there a way I can open the .CAB file containing the fonts for Windows XP Pro, and adding the fonts from the MSFONTS folder on the MS Office 97 ValueAdded folder?

There are some fonts that I used to use for special forms, and I need these fonts once again.

Thankx,

hag672 :rolleyes:

why not just add them to the c:\windows\fonts and then register them if necessary with a reg file that looks like:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"MW6 PDF417R3 (True Type)"="MW6PDF417R3.TTF"

Where "MW6 PDF417R3 (True Type)" = the name of the file as it appears on your computer

AND "MW6PDF417R3.TTF" = the actual name of the font file (right click, properties, and its at the top of the general tab)

Hi:

With my multiple disabilities I was attempting to make things easier on me. I figured that if I can update the .CAB file or FOLDER prior to install, then the fonts would be automatically registered upon installation of Windows XP Pro.

Also if I have them built into the install, if I need a new install, they are already there, ready to use.

Thankx,

hag672 :sneaky:

Hi:

I listened to my folder containing the files to be placed into the .iso file (I'm blind).

The fonts seem to be in the \I386 folder, and compress as ARIAL.TT_ for example.

The files in the MSFONTS folder that I want to add are not compressed. How would I compress them, or should I just copy them to that folder AS IS?

As for the .REG file example above I don't see anything in the \I386 folder. If I create a .reg file, in nlite, where would I place it so it would register the fonts upon installation?

Thanks,

Hag672 :rolleyes:

Hi:

I looked at the Unattended Tutorial, and the $OEM$ tutorial, in fact I downloaded and printed the page so I can have someone read it to me (Blindness is worse than beeing extremely near-sighted) :)

I cannot find CabTool to attempt to create the installer, I clicked on the Cabtool link, and could not find where to download the file. My screen reader sometimes goes nuts.

I'd like to place the new fonts in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder along with the other fonts. Now I have to build an installer.

Thanks for your help, :sneaky:

hag672

Why the talk of CabTool and 'Installers"?

Just toss them in the fonts folder prior to iso.

Then run the reg file from the runonce.

I am just curious as those seem like unnecessary additional steps, but would like to learn if they are facilitating something I had no need for.