Adding an additional monitor to my PC?

spectacular1

Hey people :)

First of all apologies if this is in the wrong section, I was a little confused to where to create a ew topic and thought this would be the best place but mods please remove if you feel necessary.

I was hoping someone could offer me a little support regarding trying to add my new tv/monitor as my secondary monitor to my pc, ideally what I want is when you add a second monitor to your laptop as an extended monitor that is what I require.

Is this possible? If so how? Would I need to purchase an additional graphioc card for my pc? Could you recommend me one? Or could I purchase something like a vga splitter which I would plug in the back of my vga slot and it would have two female vga connections?

Thank you.

I have an internal vga input on my pc and my primary monitor is hooked up to this.

I'm thinking of investing in a hdmi pci card as my tv/monitor has a hd connection.

So all I need to do is add this pci card to my motherboard and then buy a hdmi cable? and connect the cable from the pc to the tv? the only query I have regarding this is that would my pc sound also come out of my tv? That is ideal for me. I know I could have gone down the easy route of getting a vga connection for my pc but the hdmi graphics will be better and I might get sound.