hp dv5 webcam not working

timecatcher_3

hi i just uninstalled my kaspersky antivirus software on Windows 7 and my webcam on MSN Live Messenger stopped working my friend cant see me but i can see him. can someone please help ! I tried reinstalling kaspersky but looks my webcam just suddenly stopped working and i also tried reinstalling MSN and driver of webcam but still no luck please help! :(

If it was only recent, try System Restore if you have it running.

If that fails, check Device Manager and make sure all your hardware is listed correctly, and is using the correct driver and not the generic Windows one.

I tried using system restore, it failed. I have already checked the device manager and I tried reinstalling the driver. It automatically updates itself from device manager so I thought the driver was generic but after being reinstalled it is called HP Webcam. Still I tried going to the hp driver downloads center but there are no drivers for the webcam only hp webcam software. so can someone please help?

I tried using system restore, it failed. I have already checked the device manager and I tried reinstalling the driver. It automatically updates itself from device manager so I thought the driver was generic but after being reinstalled it is called HP Webcam. Still I tried going to the hp driver downloads center but there are no drivers for the webcam only hp webcam software. so can someone please help?

That software contains the drivers too.

Don't let Windows automatically update drivers, turn it off and do it yourself.

Uninstall the device from device manager and any related software, then try installing the software again.

Make sure you read the webcam's manual, as some devices require connection prior to driver installation, and some are connected afterwards.