vinifera

so i slipstream SP3 over SP2 installation with nLite

i put all post SP3 hotfixes i downloaded

but only these 2 report error:

KB944338

KB958470

anyone would know why ?

Edited by vinifera

What are those hotfixes? They are not needed. Look at the link in my signature for what you need (not counting WMP or IE7/8 is you use those).

Edited by -X-

Security Update for Windows XP (KB944338)

A security issue has been identified in VBScript and Jscript that could allow an attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB958470)

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it.

if user dont need them, why would they be released -_-

Edited by vinifera

Old hotfixes are not removed from MS's site. That does not mean they are current. New hotfixes replace the outdated ones. Those 2 are outdated or wrong. The only hotfixes you need are listed on my list.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB944338)

A security issue has been identified in VBScript and Jscript that could allow an attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it.

Is probably replaced by...

WindowsXP-KB971961-JS57-x86-ENU.exe MS09-045 KB971961 Vulnerability in JScript Scripting Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution

If you have slipstreamed IE8 you should use IE8-WindowsXP-KB971961-x86-ENU.exe instead of WindowsXP-KB971961-JS57-x86-ENU.exe. JScript 5.8 instead of JScript 5.7.

KB956744 is for Windows XP Service Pack 2 RDP Version 5.1

Service pack 3 uses RDP Version 6.1. You need...

WindowsXP-KB956744-x86-ENU.exe MS09-044 KB956744 Vulnerabilities in Remote Desktop Connection Could Allow Remote Code Execution (RDP Version 6.1)

Edited by -X-

I list obsolete updates in a section. They have been replaced by new ones and should be discarded. It does not contain every outdated hotfix ever. Just post SP3. That's why you have some not listed on my list...they are from SP2 days.