stormbrush

I usually do it like this:

1. create an $OEM$ folder in the folder of the source CD

2. create $docs folder inside

3. create All Users folder inside

4. create folder Desktop inside

5. Put all the programs inside in a folder

So, the path is: $OEM$->$docs->All Users->Desktop->add your program folder

Note: this will copy the program folder to the All Users desktop at first boot, meaning it will be available to all users on the computer; I suppose there is an option to use your username instead of All Users, but I haven't tried it yet. At the same time, you can delete the program folder after install by going to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Thanks a lot! When you say in the source, did you mean that i make new folder in I386 folder or else?

And one more: is it making of $OEM$ folder meaning just renaming new folder or something difference?

Edited by stormbrush

stormbrush, you cannot place it on your created user account DeskTop, because at the time the $OEM$ folder is processed, your user account is not created. Another idea is to place the folder into your installed folder and use a DOS copy command placed in the RunOnce exit in the Unattended section to move it to your user account DeskTop. Enjoy, John.

However, your new folder can be placed on the "All Users" or "Default User" desktop with $Docs.

• If placed on the "All Users" desktop then if any user deletes or modifies it, those changes occur for all users.
  • If placed on the "Default User" desktop then every user will receive their own copy of the folder to be modified or deleted independently.